A tour through 9000 years of history under Place Saint Lambert
The Gothic cathedral
Reconstruction of the building in the Gothic style began in the months following the fire, but was not completed until the 14th century.
After that, two square towers were constructed on either side of the western choir and in the 15th century, an enormous third tower was erected. Side chapels were added at the southern end of the eastern transept.
On the whole, the Gothic building was reconstructed on the foundations of the cathedral dating back to the year 1000, and used the same layout, with an extension of the western choir.